This week I am literally just getting over a cold and I think it may have been the flu. There was lots of sneezing, congestion, a headache, body aches and basically I was down and out for a few days trying to recover. I had my Kleenex in hand, chicken soup in my bowl and I rested in order to let my body recover.
Catching the flu is nothing nice and Kleenex is working to help you prepare for cold and flu season to avoid situations like mine. Kleenex brand has launched the achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor – the first and only tool that can actually predict when cold and flu will reach your area.
achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor is a one-of-a-kind cold and flu tool that predicts where it will hit next up to three weeks in advance with an average accuracy rate of more than 90 percent, going well beyond the “current status” that other sources provide and giving consumers an opportunity to prepare for cold and flu before it hits their area.
But even more it’s always best to take preventative measures to ensure you don’t catch a cold and the best way to do that is to be in the know. So here are “tips to know” that will help you survive this cold and flu season.
1. 96% of school nurses agree that when a child comes to school sick, other children tend to catch his or her virus.
2. The Center for Disease Control recommends facial tissues as one of the key strategies to minimize cold and flu viruses.
3. Every year, the U.S. alone reports more than one billion colds and 35 – 50 million flu cases.
4. Boost your immune system with Vitamin D – enjoying a little sunshine can help.
5. To help reduce your fever, put wet towels around your shoulders instead of your forehead.
6. Avoid using humidifiers when you’re sick – they can actually spread the flu germs.
7. Not all liquids hydrate equally – stick to water, herbal tea and fruit juice when you’re sick.
8. All colds are contagious, regardless of mucus color.
You can find additional tips and advice to prepare your homes for what’s ahead, and useful information to help you avoid the last minute trips to the store so that you can care for their family when someone gets sick by visiting www.my-achoo.com to access a cold and flu forecast for your area. Simply enter your zip code or city and state, and achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor will show you your cold and flu risk for the next three weeks so that you can prepare for what’s ahead.
To learn more about the achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor and Kleenex brand’s new thicker and more absorbent everyday tissue, visit www.Kleenex.com/flu.
Disclosure: I am a Kleenex Ambassador and was compensated for this post. All opinions are mine solely.