But ask yourself, what’s YOUR Disney Side? Do your kids know the names of almost all of the Disney characters including the stars on the Disney channel shows? Can you hum and sing Disney songs without mumbling? Do you visit Disney parks more than you do the doctor? (Just saying. Some people REALLY have serious Disney fever!) Are there Disney toys or characters of some sort sprinkled and delicately placed throughout your home. (As I type this I look to my left and see my Mickey-stuffed animal and to my right, a hula dancing Olaf.)
Well there’s a whole community of Disney fanatics who feel like like you and I do. And we don’t have to hold back our enthusiasm to show the world our Disney Side! In fact, Disney is helping us to showcase our Disney Side on DisneySide.com. At the site, you’ll be able to share your own Disney side with the world and see what’s being posted and talked about online. You can also share with the hashtag #DisneySide across their social channels, including Twitter, Vine, Instagram, Google+ and Facebook.
So, what’s your Disney side?
Disney was kind include to send me and my kids a big old box full of goodies to host a Disney Side party! And most of my blogger friends got boxes too (Thank you Maria Bailey!) and other held private Disney parties and even public ones at local venues.
I made a video to show off all the goodies and all the fun.
We invited some kids in the neighborhood and we had a ball! We played games, decorated T-shirts (courtesy of Hanes), baked, ate and decorated Mickey-Shaped cookies and enjoyed a of the other goodies that were included in the box like Craisins, Mickey tattoos and stickers, and face-painting kit! Boy did we have a ball! Nobody does it like Disney! Our party was the most! It was so much fun to make my kids smile. And I will never forget when the kids next door walked in one of them said who’s birthday is it. I said it’s no one’s birthday we’re just having a Disney party. Then she said, “Y’all are FUN!” That reaction is just priceless! I’m glad to be seen as a “FUN” mom who makes magic happen!
BE SURE TO WATCH THE VIDEO! There are many more pics!
Check out DisneySideCelebrations.com for your Disney Side ideas to host a party of your own!!
Hosting a Party
Throwing a Disney Side celebration is as easy as wishing upon a star! Follow these simple steps and you’ll be well on your way to creating magical Disney memories:
- Download your Disney Side party kit here and get inspired.
- Invite your friends and family to join you in showing off their own Disney Side.
- Design your perfect party by exploring Disney Side recipes, activities and themes. Make the party unique by incorporating some of your family’s most beloved Disney traditions.
- Add some Disney flair to your party décor, refreshments and goodie bags. Disney Parks might be the happiest place on Earth, but your living room might be a close second when you’re done; don’t forget to whistle while you work!
- Enjoy your party! Make sure you trade in your hostess hat for your favorite pair of Mickey ears and join your guests in showing off your Disney Side.
- Share, share, share. Share your Disney Side photos and videos on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, using the hashtag #DisneySide.
Thank you to Leanne Jakubowski, Jamie Langdon and the entire Disney Parks team in partnership with MomSelect!
Disclosure: All party products were provided free of charge by Disney and BSM Media because they’re awesome like that. I was not asked to write a blog post but how could I not. I love Disney. All awesome opinions are mine solely but if you love Disney too then you’re just the best.