We’ve been invited to a Very Important Blogger Lasershow Party where we’ll be going Behind-the-Scenes to get a look at Stone Mountain Park’s Lasershow Spectacular™ in Mountainvision. We’ll have some free time in the park to explore attractions followed by Lasershow Dinner Terrace at Memorial Hall. After that the VIP Lasershow Terraces open and the Lasershow Spectacular™ in Mountainvision begins! We’ll be in for a great night at Stone Mountain! Stay tuned for live tweeting and lot of pics tomorrow by following @KiaMorganSmith @TheCincomom and Instagram.com/KiaMorganSmith
New for Summer 2014, Stone Mountain Park transforms the Lasershow Spectacular and its famous natural amphitheater yet again with More Lights, More Lasers and More Music! The show now features a lighting feature at the base of the mountain shining up like fingers of light showcasing the 825 foot mountainside. The addition of an overhead laser canopy effect now immerses guests as if they are a part of the show. Additionally, laser mirror bounce shots from all directions on the lawn create the effect of lasers jumping over guests’ heads. Plus, guests will love the updated music playlist featuring 10 new songs including “Let It Go” by Idina Menzel, to “Home” by Phillip Philips and Pharrell Williams’ cheery hit titled “Happy.”Stone Mountain Park’s Lasershow Spectacular is an Atlanta tradition and is the longest running lasershow in the world (now in its 31st year). The show features 45 minutes of dazzling fireworks, lights and laser effects all choreographed to great music.
- Mountainvision technology was introduced in 2011 and features 3D like effects without the need for 3D glasses.
- Mountainvision is four to five times the size of an IMAX screen and taller than the Statue of Liberty.
- Mountainvision would be similar to purchasing a 5,500 inch high definition TV.
Featured Music & Artists
The lasershow includes a musical score featuring all-time favorite tunes and medleys accompanying a variety of themes and genres. Examples include:
- “Heroes” – a salute to everyday heroes such as doctors, fire and rescue, police, etc.
- “Georgia Artists” – a tribute to favorite Peach State artists such as R.E.M., The Zac Brown Band, Ray Charles, Outkast, Indigo Girls, Phillip Phillips, Little Richard and James Brown.
- “The Devil Went Down to Georgia”- a homage to the Charlie Daniels Band.
- “An American Trilogy” – an Elvis Presley segment bringing the Memorial Carving to life with lights and laser effects.
New Songs for 2014:
“Happy” Pharrell Williams
“Sweet Georgia Brown” Brother Bones
“Raise Your Glass” P!nk
“Cruise” Florida Georgia Line
“Star Ship” Instrumental
“The Wind” Zac Brown Band
“Home” Phillip Phillips
“All of Me” John Legend
“Treasure” Bruno Mars
“Let It Go” Idina Menzel
Just The Facts-Lasershow Spectacular™ In Mountainvision, Page 2
The Lasershow Spectacular is free. Parking admission is $10 per vehicle. The best way to view the Lasershow Spectacular™ in Mountainvision is from the comfort and convenience of VIP Terrace seating, which includes snack or casual dining options. Reservations can be made online at www.stonemountainpark.com.
Great Savings: Guests can save on admission after 4 p.m. with a Sunset Adventure Pass & Lasershow Snack Terrace. The pass includes access to the Stone Mountain Park attractions from 4 p.m. until close and then watch the Lasershow from the comfort and convenience of a terrace seat, complete with popcorn and a drink for $21.95 (plus tax) per person.
Fun Fact: Lasershow reserved terrace seating was introduced in 2010 and there are 974 total reserved terrace seats available.
August 1-3, 9, 16, 23
September 6, 13, 20, 27
October 4, 11, 18, 25