I wrote this post as part of my participation in a blog tour for The Motherhood on behalf of the makers of Children’s MOTRIN® and received compensation to thank me for taking the time to participate. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
When I’m working hard as a 4th grade teacher or running my girls from violin, to acting and zig-zagging across the city to attend events or just trying to get dinner done, the word UNSTOPPABLE never ever comes to mind. And I guess it’s because I can’t stop. Won’t stop. I have five kids — one who is grown and lives in Virginia that I worry about, and four others age 11 and under who command my constant attention. But it’s nice to be thought of as a mom who is Unstoppable who encourages other women to be equally amazing. And there are women who constantly amaze me too.
Women who I admire like Denene Millner of MyBrownBaby.com, who inspires me just by being her brilliant self, writing books, and balancing a remarkable blog while being a hip and chic mama to her two “girlpies.”
The makers of Children’s MOTRIN® are inspired by all the things Moms do, from quick family meals to keeping the kids entertained on rainy days. Moms may not always realize it, but we are AMAZING in so many ways. Moms are on call day and night and have so much unique knowledge that can really help other moms. That’s why the makers of Children’s MOTRIN® are asking moms to share this knowledge in the form of tips and tricks that help keep them going.
A few of the tricks I use to keep going are:
- Have an ally – You have to have a cheerleader, whether it be your spouse or a special friend who will fill you with inspiration on those days you feel beat down. Words are powerful and they are medicine for the soul.
- Meals – Just recently I found myself making dinner for a week ahead because there are not enough hours in a day to cook each day.
And yes there are many times feel I’ve had to be Unstoppable. Like the time when I broke my ankle while 6 months pregnant and I had already sold my home and had to move within 30 days! Even though I was going through a lot, I couldn’t stop and had to keep going, pack up my home with a cast on my foot and move to Georgia! That’s the kind of stuff fearless, Unstoppable moms do!
Now tell the makers of Children’s MOTRIN® how YOU are Unstoppable.
The makers of Children’s MOTRIN® are asking Moms like you to post YOUR tips and tricks to the MOTRIN® Facebook Page under each week’s Kelly Ripa question video and for every post, Children’s MOTRIN® will donate $1 to Safe Kids Worldwide, a global nonprofit that provides moms with the tips they need to help keep their children safe. Moms could even win weekly giveaways of $100 gift cards just for posting.*
- To enter a sweepstakes with weekly drawings for $100 gift cards by visiting https://www.facebook.com/MOTRIN
- Every tip shared triggers $1 donation to Safe Kids.
- *NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES & D.C., 18 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion ends 11:59p.m. ET 12/28/14. Sponsor will donate $1 for each approved Submission made as part of the promotion, with a minimum donation of $30,000 and a maximum donation of $50,000. For Official Rules, and complete details, visit www.unstoppablemoms.com. Sponsor: McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. To learn more about Safe Kids Worldwide visit safekids.org.
Sometimes we all need some inspiration for school lunches. What are some healthy lunch and snack ideas that you use to keep your kids’ lunches exciting?