The Looney Toons gang was in full effect on Saturday! My family and I were invited to the grand opening of Bugs Bunny Boomtown at Six Flags Over Georgia which boasts of a newly renovated family friendly park featuring two new kids’ areas and 12 rides and attractions!
There was a ribbon-cutting ceremony with Bigs Bunny and the gang and Six Flags Over Georgia named 7-Year-Old Symeon, from Make-A-Wish Georgia, as Honorary Park President For a Day.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bugs Bunny Boomtown. Even the rain couldn’t keep me away for a day of fun with my family. And it was especially nice because I was able to bring my 4-year-old grandbaby who simply had a ball. Spring break is coming and Six Flags Over Georgia is now open on weekends through May 15 and daily April 2-10 for Spring Break. Here are 10 reasons why your kid needs Bugs Bunny Boomtown on their summer bucket list!
- DC Super Friends kids area, offering five new pint-sized experiences themed after popular Super Heroes and villains. Families will enjoy a bouncing drop tower, flying jets and helicopters, a mirror maze, and a beginner junior coaster.
- They re-themed the current children’s area to Bugs Bunny Boomtown, featuring seven attractions, including an interactive water ride, twisting swings, flying ships, a junior Ferris wheel, a climbing playground, a truck-driving adventure, and an up-and-down drop tower. These new additions to the park will offer hours of fun with rides the entire family can enjoy together.
- The original Dolphin Show area, which has remained at the park since the 1990’s, will be transformed into the epicenter for the all-new DC Super Friends kids’ area and will feature 5 new attractions.
- Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle. This ride is loads of fun and if you’re standing on the sidelines, trust me when I tell you that you WILL get wet!
- Looney Tunes Adventure Camp, an interactive playground with Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes characters. Smaller kids like my grandbaby had SO much fun going through the playground. She wanted to stay in this area more than anything.
- Speedy Gonzales Speed Boats, where guests will be screaming “Andale Andale” on six speed boats.
- Bugs Bunny High Sea Adventure, a chance to fly through the air on a junior sea-worthy quest.
- Yosemite Sam’s Wacky Wagons, an old western spin on a junior ferris wheel perfect for junior cowpokes.
- Acme Trucking Company, a monster truck driving voyage to help Wile E. Coyote try to capture the Road Runner.
- Tweety’s Tweehouse, a 20-foot up and down journey into the little chirping bird’s nest.
Also, although we didn’t get to experience the following areas, we can’t wait to return and try out:
- Superman Tower of Power, which releases the dare devil in the bravest of souls throughout this 65-foot tall bouncing thrill ride;
- The Batcopters, an opportunity to help save the City of Gotham by flying high in the sky;
- Wonder Woman Flight School, where pilots can take flight and control their own invisible jet;
- Harley Quinn Mirror Maze, filled with disproportioned mirrors and devious stares; and
- The Joker Funhouse Coaster, the ultimate family thrill ride to show no fear and conquer the Super-Villain through 900 feet of track at 30 miles per hour.
Just look at my grnadbaby and my son Jojo. She was posing like a true super model!
For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit www.sixflags.com/2016news.
Six Flags Over Georgia is now selling 2016 Season Passes for as low as $61.99.
Visit www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia to purchase your pass now!