We’re going to a Bugs Bunny Boomtown Celebration!
Six Flags Over Georgia invited us out to see their newly renovated areas in the park. They are always so wonderfully hospitable to bloggers and we’re looking forward to a super day of checking out the new Bugs Bunny Boomtown and reporting back to you about all the excitement with pictures too!
Six Flags Over Georgia will debut two new kids’ areas featuring 12 rides and attractions. They’ll introduce the first-ever DC Super Friends kids area, offering five new pint-sized experiences themed after popular Super Heroes and villains. Families will enjoy a bouncing drop tower, flying jets and helicopters, a mirror maze, and a beginner junior coaster. I’m taking my granddaughter Madisyn too so she can get in on the fun.
They’ll also be expanding and re-theming the current children’s area to Bugs Bunny Boomtown, featuring seven attractions, including an interactive water ride, twisting swings, flying ships, a junior Ferris wheel, a climbing playground, a truck-driving adventure, and an up-and-down drop tower. These new additions to the park will offer hours of fun with rides the entire family can enjoy together.
“These two new sections of the park will offer families hours and hours of fun with attractions mom, dad and the kids can experience together,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “This latest expansion continues our multi-year plan to provide thrills for guests of all ages and includes the addition of Hurricane Harbor in 2014, two new devious rides in Gotham City in 2015 and other additions planned for the future.”
The original Dolphin Show area, which has remained at the park since the 1990’s, will be transformed into the epicenter for the all-new DC Super Friends kids’ area and will feature 5 new attractions, including:
- Superman Tower of Power, which releases the dare devil in the bravest of souls throughout this 65-foot tall bouncing thrill ride;
- The Batcopters, an opportunity to help save the City of Gotham by flying high in the sky;
- Wonder Woman Flight School, where pilots can take flight and control their own invisible jet;
- Harley Quinn Mirror Maze, filled with disproportioned mirrors and devious stares; and
- The Joker Funhouse Coaster, the ultimate family thrill ride to show no fear and conquer the Super-Villain through 900 feet of track at 30 miles per hour.
The park’s current children’s area, Bugs Bunny World, will be re-themed to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and feature seven attractions, including:
- Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle;
- Speedy Gonzales Speed Boats, where guests will be screaming “Andale Andale” on six speed boats;
- Bugs Bunny High Sea Adventure, a chance to fly through the air on a junior sea-worthy quest;
- Yosemite Sam’s Wacky Wagons, an old western spin on a junior ferris wheel perfect for junior cowpokes;
- Looney Tunes Adventure Camp, an interactive playground with Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes characters;
- Acme Trucking Company, a monster truck driving voyage to help Wile E. Coyote try to capture the Road Runner; and
- Tweety’s Tweehouse, a 20-foot up and down journey into the little chirping bird’s nest.
This sounds like so much fun. I truly can’t wait to get a sneak-peek! Thank you Six Flags invite! We’ll have a post about the attractions in the coming weeks.
For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit www.sixflags.com/2016news.
Six Flags Over Georgia is now selling 2016 Season Passes for as low as $61.99.
Visit www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia to purchase your pass now!