I had no idea my own town Douglasville has a track club!
Even more, I was just invited to the Disney Sports Festival July 14th-17th and the E-1 Track Club had great success at the festival in Orlando!
From the Douglasville Patch:
The E-1 Track Club, based in Douglasville, is in its 4th year of existence with athletes from Douglas and Paulding Counties.
E-1 athletes have the opportunity to participate in a pre-season strength and conditioning clinic series, a cross country program, a winter/spring indoor season for select athletes, a spring outdoor program, a summer Junior Olympic season.
Here are the results at the recent Nationals in Orlando, FL.:
National Champion & All-American & Gold Medallists
- Amir Dayal (ASES) – 1500m
- Cannon Hicks (ASES) – 1500m Race Walk
- Jordan Crawford (LCA) – 3000m Race Walk
- Kelvin Jackson (SDES/FMS) – 1500m Race Walk
2nd Place Silver Medallists, National Runner Up
- Kennedy Crawford (LCA) – 1500m Race Walk
- Nathaniel Grimes(BAES/YMS) – 1500m Race Walk
- Sabria Wooten (Scoggins/South Paulding) – 3000m Race Walk
3rd Place Bronze Medallists
- Amir Dayal (ASES) – 800m
- Jayla Battle (MCES) – Turbo Javelin
- Otis Cox (CHMS) – Triple Jump
4th Place Copper Medallists
- Amir Dayal (ASES) – High Jump
- Amir Dayal (ASES) – Triathlon (Shot Put, High Jump, 400m)
- Andre Young (Hiram HS) – Long Jump
- Cannon Hicks (ASES) – 1500m
- Kelvin Jackson (SDES/FMS) – 1500m
- Mason Robinson (WES/MCMS) – Discus
- Shakira Dancy (FSMS) – 100m
5th Place Copper Medallists None 6th Place Copper Medallists
- Kelvin Jackson (SDES/FMS) – 800m
- Quintin Hall (AHS) – Triple Jump
7th Place Copper Medallists
- Jayla Battle (Mt. Carmel ES) – Long Jump
- Kyle Johnson (HSES) – 1500m
8th Place Copper Medallists
- Joshua Sleight (DSES) – 1500m
- Mason Robinson (WES/MCMS) – Shot Put
- Monica Davis (YMS/CHHS) – 100m Hurdles
- Quintin Hall (AHS) – Long Jump
- Roger Poellnitz (Dobbins/Hiram HS) – Shot Put
- Samantha LiPuma (CHMS)- 3000m
30 athletes competed in Orlando at the AAU Club Nationals. Medal Count: 27 Honorable Mention
- David Bush (CHHS/KSU) – 800m (Qualified 3rd in the event, but had to leave before finals to attend freshman orientation at KSU and to move into dorm.
- E-1 Ended up 13th out of 234 teams in the overall screening
- E-1 Females ended up 56th out of 175 teams
- E-1 Males ended up 5th out of 195 teams
- Our ten year olds (Cannon Hicks & Amir Dayal) ended up 5th overall in combined team There were 73 teams with 10 year old competitors.
- Our ten year olds ended up with a 1st place trophy for the 10 year old male category. There were 45 teams with 10 year old competitors.
- Our 11 year olds (Kelvin Jackson, Mason Robinson, and Nathaniel Grimes) scored enough for the combined team’s 3rd place honor. There were 74 teams with 11 year old competitors.
- Our 11 year old boys won a 2nd place trophy for the 11 year old male category. There were 45 teams.
Thirty-five out of 40 athletes qualified for the AAU Junior Olympics in Ypsilanti, Michigan. The meet begins on Saturday. Ten E-1 athletes will be attending. The list of qualfiiers/advancers is attached. Ten out of 13 qualified for the USATF Junior Olympics going on now in Greensboro, North Carolina. 8 of the athletes have competed or will be competing.
Also, E-1’s Chelsea Johnson (2013 CHHS Graduate) was recently awarded an AAU Betty Lowe Scholarship Award. She joins Trey Williams (2012 AHS Graduate) who also was a 2012 recipeint of the award and Alicia Whitle (2011 Harvester Graduate) who won an AAU District Award). Chelsea will be attending Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, GA); Trey is at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL); and Alicia is at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA).
To find out more about the middle and high school athletes’ stats, please go to www.ga.milesplit.us and enter your athlete’s name. Their stats should be listed under your school or E-1 Track Club. Most are up-to-date.
Comments are closed.