It was also in celebration of the release of Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters to Blu-ray and DVD out today! Celebrity guest Stephanie L. Schlund (Cashmere, Hunger Games: Catching Fire) was on-hand to talk with fans and to lend a hand to make a fleece blanket as well.
At various tables throughout the venue, parents and kids worked on their blankets while others watched Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters on the big screen. There was lots of food, hamburgers, grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and plenty of delectable treats to keep the kids occupied.
Inspired by the Golden Fleece in the film, Fox has partnered with Project Linus to officially announce Project Linus’ 15th Annual National Make A Blanket Day to be held on February 15, 2014. Up to 200 handmade fleece blankets will be created for children in need as part of Fox’s commitment to donate 1,000 handmade fleece blankets.
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters tells the story of the magical, mythical adventures of teenager Percy Jackson — son of the Greek god Poseidon. In the film, Percy and his demigod friends embark on an epic journey into the treacherous Sea of Monsters to recover the fabled Golden Fleece, which has the healing power to save his world.
- Based on the best-selling books of Rick Riordan, the film stars Logan Lerman, Alexandra Daddario, Brandon T. Jackson and Nathan Fillion.
- Packed with an All-New Motion Comic and Collectible Cards, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will be available on 3D Blu-ray Deluxe Edition December 17 and Digital HD™ December 3.
ABOUT PROJECT LINUS
- Project Linus provides handmade blankets to children in need all over the country.
- This event helps to kick-off Project Linus’ annual Make A Blanket Day.
- The 15th annual Project Linus National Make A Blanket Day will be held on February 15, 2014.
- To celebrate the Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD release, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is donating fleece for 1,000 blankets.
- Chapters from around the country will be hosting events in their communities to raise awareness and collect blankets for Project Linus.
- Up to 100,000 blankets can be attributed to efforts on National Make a Blanket Day, with those blankets staying in local communities.
- UPS is proud to kick off its annual Peak Week, its busiest week of the year, by giving back to its hometown of Atlanta.
- On Dec. 17, Peak Day for UPS and the release date of Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters on Blu-ray and DVD, UPS expects to deliver 29 million packages globally – equalling more than 300 packages a second.
- Our Peak season is clearly a busy time of year, but we also remind ourselves that we are delivering infinite possibilities for our customers around the globe, and powering the magic behind the holiday season.
- That’s why we are proud to partner with Fox for this exciting event.
- Following the event, UPS has volunteered to ship the handmade fleece blankets to Project Linus through The UPS Store, which is ready to help customers throughout the holidays with hassle-free logistics and any shipping needs.
- UPS’s support of the Project Linus charity event aligns with its goals of delivering more than boxes during the holidays – but rather delivering emotional connections and allowing customers to focus on things that matter most.