This past Saturday I got a taste of Atlanta’s many attractions at the 3rd Annual Atlanta Parent Blogger Expo. I got to learn about CNN’s inside Studio Tour (www. cnn.com/StudioTour) and got to morph into a weather segment with Anderson Cooper my kids made faux flowers with Atlanta Botanical Gardens and Mikaela even petted a real snake over at the Atlanta Zoo exhibit.
There’s lots to see, do and learn in Atlanta for families but many times parents miss out on the inside scoop that would make their trip to Atlanta’s top attractions much more appealing.
- This week the World of Coca Cola has a new feature movie “Moments of Happiness” debuting in their Coca Cola theater on MARCH 28th! The six-minute film celebrates life’s everyday moments experienced by people around the world. It features nine mini-stories of people in various life stages and cultures experiencing universal moments of happiness – moments of fun, humor, adventure and love.
- Did you know the Atlanta Symphony has string classes for you and your kids?
- Extreme Dinosaurs (DinosaursAtlanta.com) is coming to Atlantic Station March 29th
- Legoland Atlanta has a new Laser Maze exhibit opening up next month.
- @FernbankMuseum family days is full of exciting events! http://fernbankmuseum.org/visit-fernbank/events-activities/#family
- Center for Puppetry Arts presents a wide variety of family fun, including innovative adaptations of classic stories and dynamic new works by the Center’s company as well as other American and international artists.
- Did you know? @GeorgiaAquarium has relaunched their Beluga webcam. Watch them virtually & be inspired by their graceful beauty GeorgiaAquarium.com
- Hurricane Harbor opens this May @SixFlagsOverGA! Exciting!
- Meet President Carter April 9th @CarterLibrary
- Lion King is coming to the Fox Theatre April 10th!
- ZooAtlanta.org has Safari Day Camps, NightCrawlers overnights and Adventure Cubs!
- At Stone Mountain Park a NEW Adventure Pass Meal Deal lets you enjoy your favorite attractions w/ a FREE meal! Also check out Spring FUN Break from April 5th through April 12th this year and JUMP! The Ultimate Dog Show showcasing talented rescue dogs performing in a head-to-head competition. Also there will be meet-and-greet opportunities available with the Easter Bunny and Splash The Duck – four times each day that week. This is a great option for ages 2-7.
- Did you know The Center for Civil and Human Rights @CTR4CHR is being built close to Centennial Olympic Park and the Georgia Aquarium? The site of the museum is part of what is now called Pemberton Place, an area just north of Centennial Olympic Park that is also home to the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola.
- Also planned for the same area is the College Football Hall of Fame, which is moving to Atlanta from South Bend, Indiana, where it was adjacent to Notre Dame University.
- @ATLHistCenter Has summer camps for kids!
- Imagine IT! Children’s Museum of Atlanta has a Sonic Sensation exhibit through June 1st! Listen up and sound off on a multi-sensory adventure. Children will be all ears during this highly engaging exhibit that offers a fun and informative opportunity for visitors to experience the sonic world and sensation of being surrounded by everyday sounds. This exhibit features a variety of interactive, hands-on activities for children to see, feel and hear sound.
My BlogATL14 adventure started out with a beautiful guest suite courtesy of @SheratonAtlanta.
I tried to make the it a fun weekend with my daughters Kaitlin, Mikaela and Milan, but all these party animals wanted to do was relax, eat and sleep!
FYI: The Sheraton is located blocks from all major downtown Atlanta attractions. The Sheraton Atlanta features 760 guest rooms & 90K sq ft of meeting space. Visit sheratonatlantahotel.com for more info.
Thanks to Ruths Chris Steakhouse @RuthsChrisATL on 267 Marietta Street, we were treated to a delectable dinner and met up with fellow bloggers a day before the BlogATL14 event.
Hosted by the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, we got the chance to speak with at least 35 vendors from Atlanta’s family fun attractions.
What’s your favorite Atlanta Attraction? Do you want to take a little tour of the city?
I’m giving away a FAMILY Pass to the Atlanta History Museum (2 adults 4 kids), OR Two passes to the World of Coca Cola OR Two passes to the Atlanta Zoo! Enter the rafflecopter AND PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT STATING WHICH ATTRACTION YOU’D LIKE TO GO TO OUT OF THE THREE LISTED! This is the ONLY way I will know which tickets you want to WIN! THREE winners will be awarded! Contest ends April 5th! Good Luck! US/18+
You guys looked like you had fun. It is great to let your kids experience things out of the norm. My favorite attraction is the Georgia Aquarium.