It’s officially summer and time to plan out those vacations and your Fourth of July vacay plans. As you do, make sure this year you one-up your regular vacations because there is a cooler way to have big fun with your family in Tennessee and I’m not talking about the Grand Old Opry!
READ MORE: Having Wet & Wild Fun at Wilderness at the Smokies
We found a wonderful attraction called Wilderness at the Smokies which is Tennessee’s largest indoor watermark and it features a see-through roof that will weather-proof your vacation and give you the opportunity to have fun inside all year long. There’s also an outside waterpark too which is double the fun.
My kids had an absolute BLAST at Wilderness at the Smokies! It was even more than I expected it to be and to me it rivals any Orlando vacay. Here’s why it’s worth the ride:
1. You will find two waterparks right outside your guest room door! One outside and one inside (check out the pics below) If you’re tired of getting your kids dressed to go to a waterpark and then after a while they are too tired and hungry and you have to trudge your way back to your hotel, then this place is for you since the hotel is onsite of the waterpark! I loved Wilderness at the Smokies because of this fact. I left my older kids with my husband at the waterpark when my son got tired and I simply walked back to our room so he could rest. After he rested it was an easy walk back to the waterpark and voila! We were having a blast once again after a brief rest! Even more, I found out you can even inquire about owning a condo there too! How great is that to always have a way to spend time at Wilderness at the Smokies.
2. For All- Big and Small! Sometimes waterparks can be worrisome because you don’t know if your kids of every age range can enjoy it. Thankfully Wilderness at the Smokies accommodates little kids and big kids alike. There is a smaller section for babies so they are not overwhelmed by the bigger attractions and even if the kids want to add in some fun other than water, there’s an Adventure Forest attraction which features a 3 story ropes course, multi-level laser tag, black light mini-golf, mega arcade and much more!
My daughter Milan is 8 and she was able to get on the Surf Rider. The poor thing even got wiped out!
Also, Milan and Mikaela joined another family on a water ride. Wilderness at the Smokies is a very welcoming place too!
The outdoor lazy river was a real treat.
3. Food I worried a little bit about the cost of food feeding four kids, myself and a husband –that is until I saw that Wilderness at the Smokies offered an all you can eat buffet where kids eat FREE with a paying adult for dinner! That made us really happy. That deal is perfect for families like mine where three kids ate for free because my 12-year-old qualified as an “adult.” So we paid for three and three ate free. Great deal! We also ate at a local diner called The Diner, that was great. The food was good and the service was very nice and accommodating. So if you want to go off-site check, I recommend eating there too.
4. Great Amenities – The resort has very comfortable rooms including bunk beds and the rooms are large enough to accommodate large families. Our room had bunk beds, a Queen size bed and a sleeper sofa. That was good enough for the six of us, but there are even larger rooms for families! We didn’t have the deluxe suite as pictured, but we did have the room with the twin over Queen.
5. Great alternative to the BEACH and Fun. Fun. and more FUN! I’m just going to add FUN as a reason you should go! This place DID NOT disappoint! If you haven’t noticed, this season has been super HOT so far and I am not trying to hit the beach anytime soon to get sunburned! This is a GREAT alternative because of the indoor, outdoor waterpark and adjoining play center. It also was quite relaxing. There was a bar inside the waterpark where adults could chill and get a little drink (if you know what I mean.) Not only that but there was a station where you could get quick food like burgers, wings and fries inside of the waterpark area too. That way you don’t have to leave the park and get dressed and go to dinner. Sometimes convenience is everything!
Right now they have a lot of great summer deals going on, so visit http://www.wildernessatthesmokies.com/ and schedule your summer vacay!
Sponsored post. All opinions are mine.
Comments are closed.